Prepress & Data Processing
Digital Impressions uses both PC and Macintosh platforms utilizing the most up-to-date software. We work with client-supplied native files or pdfs, deliverable over our high-speed T1 lines. Our data-processing division works extensively with clients to help generate the highest response possible on all their direct mailing needs.
Digital Impressions maintains archives of our clients' digital files for immediate retrieval. We use redundant backup systems for storage to ensure the highest level of integrity of our clients' digital libraries. Inventory and shipping information is updated in real time to our secure in-house web servers. This allows our clients to retrieve their data immediately via customized and secure web sites.
When preparing digital files, please consider these Desktop Publishing trends:
Main software used in the Design and Graphic Arts Industry are usually on the Macintosh platform. Software used consists of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
Most major companies or local business use the PC platform featuring Microsoft Word, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Some immediate action guidelines when preparing digital files for submission are:
1) Not producing files on non-standard software programs and using the latest version of software if possible.
2) Sending complete digital files, usually in pdf (portable document format) form. Ensure that all the fonts are included in the pdf or included with the files sent.
Basic page layout and set-up considerations:
1) If you’re unsure about file setup, seek consultation. Digital Impressions has prepress staffing to help with those needs.
2) Use a size that will economically into your ultimate deliverable.
3) Build the files to their actual final sizes and with as single pages with 1/8 inch bleed allowances if necessary.
4) Design multi-page documents with folios or page numbers on inside pages.
5) If the project is to be drilled for binding, show the holes on the master layout if using pagination software.
Understand the importance of Bleeds to your overall costs. Consult Digital Impressions if clarification is needed. Understand the importance of tightness of margins. Consult with Digital Impressions on areas involving use of images or question involving color issues for cover designs.